Thursday, May 27, 2010

I have been having so much fun with my Pink Cricut website, I haven't written anything in awhile on here.  That is not to stay the kids and I haven't busy, busy, busy--and enjoying our Spring.  I just have to prioritize.

As a mother, I have learned that other mother's priorities are not the same as mine.  That does not make them wrong, or me right--it just makes us different mothers.  And, I am of the theory, that if we are trying to be a good mom--then we are good moms.  Children (for the most part) are given to their perfect parent...,.not a PERFECT parent--but the perfect parent for them.  All kids are different, and all kids need different styles of parents.

I struggle with this idea a lot...almost daily.  I struggle with trying to be the PERFECT mom- and I worry that I fall short all of the time in my role as a mother. If I read 2 books a day to my kids, I would wish that I had read 3.  If I took them to the park once a week, I would wish for 3x a week....and so, on.  I am never perfect, in my own eyes.  So, I have to remind myself over and over again--that I am perfect for my kids.  They are healthy, smart, loved, well-behaved...and perfect for me.

They challenge me, they are patient with me, they love me unconditionally.

The same goes with other parents we may run into, in our busy lives...we may think they should be at every school function- when they are not.  We might think they don't spend enough time with their kids.  But, we don't know their story, we don't know their struggles or what goes on behind closed doors.  They may be doing their best--and that is EXACTLY what their kids need.

So, I will try to love on my kids a little more everyday- I know that I won't stop worrying about falling short-- But, I will do the best I can, and hope the same for every child out there.

No comments: